Join Equality Now, Alliance for Universal Digital Rights (AUDRi), Women Leading in AI; UN Women; the Government of Spain, and the Government of Finland for a convening on Monday, March 6, 2023, from 2:00-4:00 PM EST.
This is a workshop where women at CSW67 will come together to make recommendations to the UN Tech Envoy for how their needs should be addressed in the new Global Digital Compact (GDC). The GDC must uphold the rights of women, girls, and gender non-conforming individuals to safely access and use digital technologies free of violence.
In partnership with Generation Equality’s Action Coalition Commitment Makers and Leaders, we invite women’s and girls’ rights organizations, civil society organizations that work on human rights/digital rights, young women-led organizations, activists, and experts on violence against women and digital rights to attend.
1. Amandeep Singh Gill, Envoy on Technology, United Nations
2. H.E. Mrs. Carmen Artigas Brugal, Secretary of State for Digitalisation and Artificial Intelligence, Spain
3. Lopa Banerjee, Executive Coordinator of Generation Equality and Director, Civil Society Division, UN Women
4. Tsitsi Matekaire, Equality Now
5. Ivana Bartoletti, Alliance for Universal Digital Rights
6. Ms. Katri Viinikka, H.E. Ambassador for Gender Equality, Finland
7. Ana Jiménez de la Hoz, Deputy Permanent Representative of Spain to the UN
8. Alicia Guadalupe Buenrostro Massieu, Deputy Permanent Representative for Mexico to the UN
9. Remarks by co-facilitator of the Global Digital Compact
10. Luz Patricia Mejías, Technical Secretary of MESECVI
Other event details:
Please arrive at 1.45 PM. There will be additional networking time from 4 PM-4.30 PM. Tea, coffee and snacks will be provided
The Plenary sessions will be in English, with workshop groups conducted in Spanish, English and French.
Register to attend in-person.